The Harvard School of Public Health analyzed several studies and the startling statistics they reveal about the sugary, carbonated colas many Americans drink daily. Here are some of the dangers of soft drinks:
It’s that time of the year again – everything is in bloom! At each Aperion Care facility we’re excited about the warmer weather and the longer, sunnier days. But the green outside can mean miserable allergies for many. Prescription and over-the-counter allergy drugs can get pricey.
Here are some tips for dealing with allergies at home:
- Neti pot. Flush away the excess mucus that has you congested. Fill your neti pot with saline water, tilt your head and pour through one nostril and out the other. This may take some practice! Read up on the FDA’s tips for sinus rinsing.
- Hair up. The less hair you have exposed while you’re outside, the better. Allergens like dust and pollen picked up from the air can hide in your hair. Try wearing your hair in a ponytail or bun, or wearing a hat. Remove the hat before you go inside.
- Shower at night. Before you go to bed, shower and wash your hair. This way the pollen stays off of your pillow and sheets.
- Stay in. Stay inside in the early mornings. Pollen peaks between 5 and 10AM.
- Do not touch. Even if your eyes itch, do not touch them. You’ll just rub pollen in and make it worse. If you can, dab with a tissue or use eye drops to rinse them.
- Don’t greet allergens. Place a doormat inside and outside of each door. Rubbing your shoes before and after entry will help reduce the number of particles tracked inside.
- Wash your hands. As often as you can!
- Close your windows. This will help prevent pollen and particles from entering your house.
- Check your vacuum. Make sure you have a vacuum with a HEPA filter– which can trip minuscule particles.
- Change your air filters. Maintain the filters in your home’s heating and cooling systems according to manufacturers instructions.
Speak with your doctor before changing your allergy management.
How do you relieve your allergies?